Senior Analytics Manager, Shipper at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 a.m. (PST) on Friday, April 9, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
We are looking for an experienced analytics leader to build our Shipper Analytics team from the ground up, and to drive the analytics roadmap and project execution within our Shipper Organization. This role will start with a focus on enabling our partners in Sales and Account Management through the development of reports, tools, processes, and metrics -- with the opportunity to expand scope. You will work closely with cross-functional business leadership, scientists and other managers. As the manager of data analytics for one of the most important parts of the company, you’ll significantly influence our roadmap to deliver world class service to our customers.
- Partner with stakeholders in our Shipper Org, including Sales, Account Management, and Revenue Operations, to help them understand their key drivers
- Be a key voice and advocate for data-guided decision-making
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Drive reporting improvement and automation to create new innovative and insightful reports in a timely manner
- Create and maintain systems to elevate best practices and demonstrate results
- Recruit, retain, develop, and motivate our talent
- Build a diverse and empowered analytics culture
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or a quantitative and analytical discipline
- 5+ years of experience leveraging quantitative analysis and analytics to solve business problems, preferably within a large customer service or sales organization
- 3+ years managing data or business analysts
- Advanced SQL and experience in optimizing SQL queries
- Experience with data visualization in Tableau or similar software
- Experience working directly with business teams to drive results
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
Nice to haves:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or a quantitative and analytical discipline
- Experience in data engineering and automation to build metrics decks, dashboards and BI solutions
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as R or Python
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!