Senior Business Analyst - Lodging Product Analytics
ExpediaSenior Business Analyst - Lodging Product Analytics
We’re looking for a passionate Senior Business Analyst to provide decision support to Expedia’s Lodging business. In this role you will team up with Lodging product/POS team to figure out how to enhance conversion/profit and to improve the user experience through actionable analytics.
This role will challenge you to understand and contribute to many aspects of development of Lodging business, including product innovation/user behavior, test and learn (A/B as well as multivariate tests), opportunity identification and problem investigation. If you are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the innovation and user engagement of a product, this position is for you. Passion for analytics and product development/innovation is a prerequisite. Your main focus will extend well beyond pulling the data and crunching the numbers. You will tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights.
The role requires a blend of technical, commercial and social skills to enable the person to extract insight from large and varied data sources and demonstrate how the insight can be used to improve business performance. In addition, using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you will help lead the communication and relationships with internal customers.
Do you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world, and work in the dynamic travel industry? If so, this is the job for you!
What You’ll Do:
- You are a member of the Expedia Worldwide Global Analytics team, you will deliver analysis support to Hotel Product focusing on A/B testing and multivariate tests.
- You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data with a singular goal of profit maximization and with a religious focus on actionable analytics.
- You will actively engage with multiple departments across the org, including Product, Engineering, Merchandising, Site Optimization, Design, and Finance, to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Inform, influence, support decision-making for Hotel Product.
- You possess the ability to function independently with little to no supervision, actively taking ownership of key analytical projects.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrated ability to work through challenging business problems and partner with internal clients with a consultative approach.
- Strong analytical/modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable business insights.
- High proficiency in Excel is required.
- Knowledge of SQL is required
- Experience with Business Objects and/or Tableau is strongly preferred.
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture and Tealeaf is are preferred.
- Understanding of AB testing methodology, advanced statistical/predictive modeling, and optimization techniques is highly preferred. Experience with tools such as R, SAS, etc. preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and data presentation skills are a must-have.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to prioritize among conflicting demands in a fluid environment.
- Experience with Hive and Hadoop will be a huge plus.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- At least two more years of professional work experience.
- Master’s degree in a Business/Statistics/technical field or related discipline preferred.
- Experience in an analytical role in an ecommerce, technology company, consulting, investment banking, or product management preferred.
- Technical/Job Competence – Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, listens carefully and considers what others have to say, including differing viewpoints.
- Problem solving - Takes initiative to identify current and potential problems and determines the best solution. Involves and/or manages the people and resources required.
- Personal Effectiveness - Produces extraordinary results both professionally and personally by being dedicated and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to Expedia Group's business success.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.