Senior Business Analyst
ExpediaSenior Business Analyst
Are you passionate about solving complex business problems? Are you a self-starter?
This is an exciting opportunity to join Expedia’s Marketing Analytics group. We seek complex business problems by finding the balance of data and analysis with business insight. We champion Expedia’s toughest challenges across multiple marketing partners and channels including Google, Facebook, etc. and deliver creative solutions using big data mining and statistical methods that maximize incremental ROAS. With great access to the latest technology this could be an exciting position for someone who likes to explore and deeply understand digital Marketing.
What You Will Do:
- You will extract information and meaning from structured and unstructured data.
- You will analyze data and communicate findings to partners across the business.
- Use ‘big data’ native to Marketing to enhance and extend Marketing insight.
- You will work closely with new datasets and business opportunities.
- Work on initiatives alongside our external marketing partners.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field
- 2-3 years of professional experience
- Experience with big data environments
- You have a strong working knowledge of SQL, Python, R, Hadoop or similar statistical packages as well as Excel
- Experience A/B and hypothesis testing
- You have experience in data modelling, reporting and business intelligence
- The skills to translate complex results into clear insights and then compellingly communicate to the business
- You are highly collaborative and used to working in a consensus driven culture
- You have the ability to adapt and learn quickly in a changing environment
- You are familiar with various online marketing channels and types
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.