Senior Business Analyst
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing analytics team which supports the B2B PR and communications for the Lodging Industry Relations team. Our mission in Industry Relations is to enhance perceptions by proving that Expedia Group is a trusted partner empowering the lodging industry.
As the primary analytics expert, the Senior Analyst should have a passion for insightful business questions and finding the answers through exploratory data analysis. You will blend data from multiple sources and craft compelling stories to delight, inspire, and influence industry perceptions of Expedia Group. The successful candidate is someone who will relish rolling up his/her sleeves to unearth insights from new datasets, to find the next big story. This role will also challenge you to develop the most accurate measurement of PR effectiveness and value.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working with ambiguity, yet highly organized with your time and able to meet last minute deadlines. You can seamlessly work across global projects in a constantly evolving corporate environment.
Do you love data, statistics and travel? Do you have a proven record of providing key insights that move industry perceptions? Are you excited to have your analysis showcased in press articles around the world? If so, we look forward to meeting you and working together as you become a contributing member of our fast-growing team.
Who You Are:
- Past experience analyzing data to answer business questions
- Undergraduate degree in an analytical field (e.g., statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, business)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in SQL and Excel
- Prior experience with Tableau preferred
- Real passion for number crunching and intellectual challenges
- Great problem-solving and analytical skills combined with the ability to explain concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to translate raw numbers into media-ready messaging
- Comfortable with uncertainty and working independently
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Background in relevant areas – travel, ecommerce, PR experience is a strong plus
- Experience with R, Python a plus
What You Will Do:
- Seek out insights – proactively search for new story opportunities and media soundbites
- Monitor key performance indicators – identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or corrective actions
- Provide messaging and key insights for EG executives, up to and including C-level leadership
- Build, optimize and maintain data reporting tools
- Make intelligent tradeoffs between resources available and provide innovative solutions
- Serve as a trusted business partner, working collaboratively and proactively with teams
- Grow and learn - stretch your knowledge and learn more about the business, supporting teams, new data, tools and processes
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.