Senior Business Analyst at Expedia Group
The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. Expedia Global Payments team (EGP) providers and operates software solutions that enable payment processing between Expedia and its network of customers and partners. This includes payment methods that Expedia brands offer to customers around the world and the payment options that Expedia uses to support effective relationships with partners and suppliers. We process billions of dollars in customer and partner transactions every month.
Why build your career with the EGP group? We offer a chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
In this role you will a part of the Payments Business Intelligence team and play a significant role in advancing Expedia’s analytics capabilities. As an important part of the EGP division, the Payments Business Intelligence team is responsible for building and maintaining the EGP data warehouse as well as delivering analytic insights, reports and self-service tools to global stakeholders.
Your mission will be to deliver quantitative analysis, decision support and reporting artifacts on a broad range of topics within the EGP domain. This requires the ability to identify the appropriate data sources, assess their usefulness, consolidate the required attributes, and derive meaningful information and insights. The focus goes beyond creating reports and pulling data – it is to tackle complex business problems, build compelling data-driven stories and become a trusted business advisor to a variety of cross functional BI consumers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to synthesize business scenarios into meaningful actionable Analytics and Reporting requirements
- Use technical skills and knowledge to identify, collect and evaluate data, required for analyses
- Have strong practical experience building and delivering (via reporting solutions, storytelling and formal presentations) quantitative research and business reporting solutions
- Be self-motivated, able to deal with ambiguity, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines within short time constraints
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Deliver accurate and impactful analysis based on solid understanding of data sources and business needs, including economic, financial, and statistical analysis
- Translate business questions into, analytic hypotheses, data needs and reporting requirements
- Define data collection requirements (attributes, format, structure) and represent them during the data warehouse and software engineering projects
- Clearly and concisely present strategic and tactical recommendations; develop compelling presentations for both internal and external customers
- Partner with senior business leaders on solving complex business challenges and provide relevant data-driven insights
- Develop analytical models to estimate the impact of different scenarios, assisting in the business decision making process
- Design, develop and maintain compelling, accurate, and reliable analytical reports
- Become a trusted advisor to key BI stakeholders and provide ad-hoc reporting, data extracts, and analyses
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a business or technology field or related discipline
- Passion for improving business outcomes through data and analytics solutions
- Proven experience in a reporting and analytics role, including experience with large data set processing and Data Warehousing
- Background in data mining and statistics
- Deep knowledge of analytical tools, including Tableau, R, Qlik, MS Reporting Services, PowerPivot, etc
- Solid practical experience with relational databases and proven expertise in SQL
- Strong working knowledge of ETL principles. Practical experience with SSIS or Informatica preferred.
- Team oriented with a collaborative approach and attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; outstanding presentation and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with Analytic tools and solutions in the cloud (AWS, Azure) is preferred
- Background in payment technology and processes with an understanding of payment data analysis is strongly preferred
WHY JOIN US:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.