Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About the team:
The Marketplace Growth organization is a centralized team that optimizes across supply, demand, and operations to achieve company financial and growth goals through Market Development, Portfolio Management, Pricing, and novel Growth Programs. This role will be part of the Portfolio Management team within Marketplace Growth. The Portfolio Management team continually assesses the forward-looking risk and opportunity of Convoy’s portfolio of freight across a range of market scenarios, and turns those assessments into actionable recommendations and policy.The team drives Convoy towards vertical shipment, margin, portfolio risk, and network goals in partnership with cross functional teams.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join Convoy’s Marketplace Growth Org, with a focus on supporting our Portfolio Management function. You will partner closely with Portfolio Managers to analyze actions, create transparency, and generate strategic recommendations.
At Convoy you will be expected to work autonomously and own your domain end-to-end. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Account Managers, Marketing, Engineers, and Product and Program Managers across the company. You will be responsible for defining core business logic in our data warehouse, using data to develop insights, answering strategic product questions, developing scalable and robust data visualizations, and more.
- Analyze actions and results stemming from portfolio actions to inform policy refinement
- Create transparency and accountability across Convoy’s marketplace through visualization of metrics
- Generate strategic recommendations, through dashboards, to maximize business outcomes and empower account managers to grow Convoy’s portfolio
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline, such as business, statistics, accounting, math, or economics.
- 2-4 years of experience in consulting, BI, strategy, or data analyst roles
- Strong analytical skills - good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, creating and implementing key business metrics, experienced with data warehouse infrastructure and building BI tables.
- Excellent skills in tools like SQL, Data Visualization, Excel or similar analytical tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as Python or R
- Experience managing complex projects with an ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!