Senior Compliance Analyst
Who You Are
You will build connections and work across our organization to help:
· Ensure compliance with company’s policies, SOX, and other regulations (GDPR, CCPA);
· Overall risk management support;
· Identify ways to add tangible value to the business for process improvements. We may also engage you in integration activities and provide support on larger enterprise initiatives by assessing risks, finding solutions to compliance concerns and supporting internal audits.
What You'll Do
· You have the chance to define control scope, framework and elements across BEXG to protect the business stakeholders and to look for opportunities for process improvement.
· You will collaborate with business teams to successfully establish controls, mitigate identified risks and/or close open audit findings. This includes discovering gaps and new requirements, coordinating control environment improvement efforts by driving control implementation, tracking status and communicating to leadership.
· You will be part of the ‘front line’ in liaising with external/internal auditors and Expedia Corporate Shared Services teams. Understand new/changing risks significant to Expedia and linking its impact on internal policies, standards and processes.
· Operate a rhythm of business for managing changes to the control environment; guide control owners in documenting their own control activities and confirming readiness for audit and/or certification.
· You will also participate in large enterprise initiatives, working across Expedia Group (EG) to ensure proper IT and Business controls and processes are in place to cover identified risks.
· You will need work independently with reasonable guidance from the leadership and be able to establish work plan, perform risk assessment, implement planned actions and evaluate results.
· Other projects or assignments to support BEXG Controllership team as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree is required in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related area.
· 3+ years of relevant experience in audit, security, compliance consulting or risk/control advisory work.
· Strong ability in working with cross-functional organizations.
· Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Self-motivated yet flexible, independent and adaptable in a fast-pace changing environment.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working with internal audit and external audit.
· Ability to understand and analyze complex regulatory, business, and IT compliance issues.
· Knowledge and experience with SOX, internal and external audit.
· Prior experience in public accounting, consulting or advisory industries.
· CPA, CIA, CISA or similar certification is a plus.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.