If you have an eye for capturing insights, a solid analytical focus, and the ability to research, model, and visualize data, we want to speak with you! As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be part of Expedia Group’s Security Business Intelligence and Data Analytics team. In this role, you will use your analytical and communication skills to work with a variety of teams, e.g., Product, Security Operations, Security Technology and Security Data Warehouse, and with a Data Architect to develop data models that support business decisions.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with Product and Business partners to develop reports, dashboards and data, visualizations that provide valuable business insights including performance metrics, key performance indicators and objectives & key results.
- Use business intelligence tools, e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, to extract and manipulate data from AWS Redshift and other data sources.
- Build your Security domain and business knowledge to understand business challenges while being able to offer data interpretation and insights within the context of the partner’s business operations.
- Partner with business and product teams to gather and translate business and functional requirements to data visualizations – including data requirements, data dictionaries, database schema and presentation layer requirements.
- Work multi-functionally with technical teams to develop and deliver BI solutions, as well as resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues.
- Write high quality SQL code/scripts to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (e.g. AWS Redshift, AWS Athena, MySQL).
- Partner with the Security Data Architect to analyze datasets and APIs, write scripts, perform data modeling, and support ongoing development and refinement of data architecture
Who You Are:
- A proven track record as an analyst in business intelligence or data analytics
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency to architect, develop and maintain dashboards and reports (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and can use creative approaches to solve complex problems
- Customer service skills paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in data mining and research with intermediate to sophisticated query skills (Hive, Teradata, MSSQL, MySQL, RedShift, PostGresDB2, or Oracle)
- Expertise in data warehouse technologies and principles, e.g., architecture, design, data acquisition, data delivery methodologies, or performance optimization in multi-terabyte environments
- Worked in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Modeled data in either a database or visualization tool
- Enjoy working in a constantly evolving environment where you are self-motivated and flexible
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.