Senior Data Analyst at System1 (Seattle, WA or Remote)
| Seattle | Remote | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:01 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
System1 is looking for a Data Analyst to lead analytics and work on one of the largest mapping apps in the world, MapQuest. Working at System1 still feels like a startup, but we have the structure, revenue, and profits of an established and successful company - and we are growing rapidly! You will be responsible for owning the data behind MapQuest’s suite of products which include, consumer journeys, subscription lifecycles and localized search. The ideal person will have an entrepreneurial mind set and will not only be a data expert with SQL knowledge, but also a collaborative team player with positive energy.
Our Analytics team works closely with product and business leaders to bridge the gap between what we know and what is possible. They go beyond reporting and partner with high-level stakeholders to inform the roadmapping process with data-backed opportunities. By leveraging modern technologies like AWS, Snowflake & BigQuery, they are able to work with deep levels of data to determine what the business can support in the present and what will be needed to drive it forward.
MapQuest has been a System1 company since 2019. The product saw significant business growth in 2021. The team is passionate about building compelling map experiences that our customers value. We rally around our mission statement to “Empower people to find what they need and how to get there” and we would love to hear from you, if you would like to work on a globally recognized brand.
MapQuest Brands Include:
- MapQuest Consumer: Helping people find places and directions around the world.
- MapQuest Business: Supporting businesses with mapping APIs & SDKs
- MapQuest Mobile Applications: An App that gives turn by turn directions even with Apple Carplay
- RoadWarrior: RoadWarrior’s proprietary algorithms and App support professional drivers on their daily routes.
The Role You Will Have:
- Draw actionable insights from raw data using strong quantitative skills and be able to influence stakeholder’s leadership to make informed decisions
- Perform research and business analysis to develop high quality, clear and unambiguous business requirements which you will execute with Product and Stakeholders on
- Perform day-to-day operations and ad hoc maintenance for prioritized businesses and their revenue streams.
- Create, organize, and maintain business and user journey dashboards.
- Independently lead projects, proactively communicate with stakeholders around deadlines and blockers, and collaborate with your team to improve data flows and tooling.
- Run SQL scripts to extract data from multiple data sources and have ability to normalize data based on product owner feedback
What You Can Bring to the Team:
- Advanced understanding of SQL - writing complex queries and self-serving data for projects, working with large data sets, cleaning and preparing data for analysis
- Expertise with big data technologies like AWS, Snowflake, Python, and/or R
- Strong data visualization skills and ability to break down complex data sets for technical and non-technical audiences
- Proactive stakeholder communication and the ability to manage projects independently while collaborating with your team on bigger initiatives
- Thorough understanding of big-data technologies and how they interact with each other
- A feeling that the question is never fully answered, and an internal drive to continue digging into the data to do more and go further
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business Analytics, Data Science, etc.
- Specific knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau, Excel, or PowerBI is a plus, as well as Python for data analysis and automation
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive salary + bonus + equity
- Generous PTO + 11 company holidays
- Open sick time
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, Vision for employees
- 401k with match
- Health & Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Paid professional development
- Leadership & growth opportunities
- Virtual company and team building events