Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual, and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work solution once it is safe to go back into the office. We are all 100% remote at this time.
About the Role:
As a Data Engineer you will play a key role in building our data warehouse platform and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only a data geek – but someone who also knows how to process large amounts of data efficiently and present it in an actionable manner.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design and develop data warehouse applications
- Design data models, formulating complicated SQL queries, writing scripts, and more
- Work closely with engineering teams to integrate application data into the data warehouse
- Load and transform data for reporting and analysis
- Support business users with ad hoc data analysis and presentation using data visualization tools
- Monitor data warehouse system performance and optimize ETL queries
- Assist stakeholders in formulating their data needs
- Help us design and implement the next generation of our data warehouse technology
- Work closely with amazing group of talented data engineers
- 3 – 7 years of recent experience in data engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Python, and data warehouse technologies required
- Experience with data cleansing, wrangling, visualization and reporting
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting
- Experience in AWS, Redshift, Airflow, and Tableau is a plus
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!
Read Full Job Description