Senior Data Engineer, Data Engineering
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
Does empowering teams to make data driven decisions excite you? Do you wake up in the morning wondering what possibilities could be unlocked with more data? PayScale is looking for a seasoned engineer to join the data engineering team. The Data Engineering Team focuses on making possible fast, accurate, and reliable access to data. We build data pipelines, manage a data warehouse, and support the productization of our data. We advocate for good data practices and make sure that the many PayScale teams are able to make good data driven decisions.
Technologies We're Using
- For Data Warehousing and Reporting we use Snowflake, Spark, Tableau, and PowerBi
- For ETL and pipelining we use, Matillion, Python, Team City, AWS Lambda,
- In addition to the above, we also use c#, docker, Azure Web Apps, AWS ECS, Dynamo, SQL, Elasticsearch, Postgres, and Octopus
In this role, you will:
- Manage the Data Warehouse,
- Interface with the various teams who need access to data including (Data Science, Data Analytics, Application Engineering Teams, Sales and Customer Facing Teams).
- Research and advise on modern data engineering techniques.
- Build and support tools and services for the management and productization of our data.
- Recommend and implement tools and technology to support PayScale's data needs.
- You have 5+ years experience in data warehousing and data engineering.
- You have previous experience with python and snowflake.
- You have built ETL systems.
- You have a firm grasp on Kimball data modeling methodology.
- You have experience writing custom web services.
- You have worked with event sourced systems.
- You have familiarity/experience with unit testing and crafting testable code.
- You are able to explain technical concepts to developers, project managers, and technical managers.
- You have the ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research with minimal supervision.
- You have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer Office Closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401-k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)