Senior Data Engineer at 98point6
Our mission is to deliver high-quality primary care that is accessible, convenient and affordable for all. Every single day you’ll be working on challenging problems with an exceptional team to profoundly transform primary care and improve people’s quality of life.
Your role and impact
You are a Sr. Data Engineer with a background in designing and implementing systems to analyze large amounts of data to support decision-making. You will discover and solve real-world problems, define metrics and most of all, be an integral part of creating a better experience for our patients, clinical operators and physicians. Through collaboration with teams across the company, you will empower our business leaders to make data-driven decisions. You are a self-starter, possess a strong commitment to detail and can work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Design, architect, implement and support datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable information about our application and medical operations
- Design and implement robust, production-grade systems for data ETL in Python or Java, or similar, and author SQL for reporting and data transformation
- Identify and execute on opportunities for continual improvement of processes and systems
- Develop SQL queries and/or custom analytical processing in Python for ad hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting
- Investigate, debug and solve problems with ETL process and reports
- Monitor existing metrics, analyze data and partner with other teams (product, engineering, medical, compliance, marketing and sales) to identify and implement process and system improvements
- 3+ years experience coding or scripting for automation in Python, Java, Kotlin, Ruby or similar object-oriented language
- 5+ years development experience with SQL for data warehousing or analytics applications, creating and managing data tables and optimizing queries
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, including collaboration with all cross-functional teams (including technical and business)
- Experience building and distributing reports with Jupyter notebooks preferred
98point6 provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status.