Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
Are a Data expert with strong a strong and broad skillset coupled with experience implementing and building Event Driven Architectures. The Data Engineer role at Pivotal is focused on customer success, enablement, and technology optimization after the software sale. Strong technical and consultative skills are required.
Pivotal Data tackles the technical challenges that come with massively parallel distributed systems operating on petabytes of data across thousands of nodes. We delve into areas like query optimization, high-performance in-memory transaction and query processing, parallel and distributed execution of advanced data processing algorithms, resource management, and storage. On this team, you'll be working on hard, worthwhile problems with a collaborative team, accelerating your growth as an engineer.
You will be responsible for consulting with our clients to provide deep technical and business expertise with regards to the Pivotal data products and many other data technologies. Additional job responsibilities include the ability to architect solutions and install, connect, and use these products. You will interface directly with customers and collaborate with our Data Scientists on engagements. You will also work with Pivotal Engineering and Product Management as the “tip of the spear” for the development of products and enhancements.
- Help to create and maintain data pipeline architectures to automate the processing of large and complex data sets.
- Focus on metrics capture instrumentation from the application layer to the Kernel, specifically focused on event driven architecture
- Suggest, Implement, maintain and update data processing infrastructures
- Work with product teams and data scientists to develop a wide variety of data visualization products
Required Skills / Experiences
- Experience developing, testing, implementing and managing various database types with particular emphasis on MySQL & Postgres
- Experience implementing and building Event Driven Architectures, ideally utilizing Kafka.
- Familiarity with Event Driven Finite State Machines
- Ability to work with product teams, data scientists, and other stakeholders as well as assist them with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with the ability to present technical data and approaches to both technical and non-technical audiences.
This role will support US government clients that require US citizenship. Given this, US citizenship is required for you to apply.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Background designing and developing dashboards and other data products with in depth knowledge of SQL.
- experience building and integrating REST/SOAP APIs and messaging protocols and formats such as Protobuf, gRPC, RabbitMQ
- Experience with MPP data warehouses, Spark, or Hadoop.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.