Senior Data Engineer
New Engen helps companies and marketing teams perform at their peak. Our powerful machine learning and AI technology solution fuels growth at companies across industries, geographies and levels of maturity.
We are focused on helping our partners achieve massive scale of new customer value across all digital marketing platforms. We are results driven, committed, iterative and transparent. Our teams of expert Marketers, Application Developers and Data Scientists help tackle some of the most complex digital marketing challenges.
At New Engen we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we embrace it for the benefit of our employees, our partners, and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity.
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to establish a vision for building scalable and reliable data infrastructure for a high-growth, data reliant business – and then to execute on that vision. You will create something new, using new technology which sets us up for future growth and success.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You want a chance to create and optimize data pipelines for large amounts of data
- You're committed to choosing the best technology and strategy for data gathering, storage and retrieval
- You love building reusable data stores for a rapidly growing company
- You are comfortable collaborating with people inside and outside our organization
- You have dedication to your customers and want to make a difference
- You do not have an ego and enjoy working with others
- 8+ years of experience implementing data solutions including data modeling, data warehousing, ETL, and analytics
- 5+ years of experience with distributed data processing (Apache Hadoop, Spark)
- 5+ years NoSQL solutions (Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB, Bigtable)
- 5+ years programming experience coding with Python or Java
- 2+ years of experience with AWS technologies (S3, Redshift, Aurora, Athena, EC2, EMR)
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Experience building complex data structures that serve varying needs
Extras that Will Give you an Edge
- You've worked in a fast-paced agile environment
- You have a real passion for keeping up with new technology and scalability
- You enjoy challenges and jump at the chance to create something new
- You have experience developing a team