Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
We are looking for an experienced data science leader to drive the science roadmap and project execution of our Data Science team while mentoring and managing other data scientists. Our team partners with business units at Convoy to provide analytics, data and insights to drive decisions and outcomes. Some of these business units include Marketing, Finance, Sales, Account Management and Shipper Insights. This role would start focused on Marketing with the opportunity to expand scope. Responsibilities may include some combination of Shipper Lifecycle (Acquisition, Onboarding, Engagement, Retention, etc), LTV, CAC, marketing automation, financial models, etc. In this role you will work closely with cross-functional business leadership, scientists and other managers.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- MS in data science, statistics, economics, mathematics or other quantitative subjects
- 5+ years of experience in a dynamic business environment, with at least 3 years working as an individual contributor data scientist, economist, quant, or ML scientist
- 2+ years of experience managing data scientists, analytics, business intelligence, and/or financial analysts.
- Comfortable in SQL and proficiency in at least one high level programming language (i.e. Python, R, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead execution against them
- Ability to identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Marketing tech and automation
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!