Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are looking for an experienced data science leader to drive the science roadmap and project execution of a Data Science team while mentoring and managing other data scientists. Your primary goals will be twofold: lead by example in innovative data methods, applications, and development; and lead and mentor your team to help them learn, grow, and succeed as data and research scientists. This role will start with a focus on improving shipment-related finance and operations teams’ tools, processes, and metrics -- with the opportunity to expand scope. You will work closely with cross-functional business leadership, scientists and other managers.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Management philosophy of prioritizing the success and happiness of their team members
- MS in data science, statistics, economics, mathematics or other quantitative subjects
- 5+ years of experience in a dynamic business environment, with at least 3 years working as an individual contributor data scientist, economist, statistician, or ML scientist
- 1+ years of experience managing data scientists, analytics, business intelligence, and/or financial analysts.
- Comfortable in SQL and proficiency in at least one high level programming language (i.e. Python, R, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead execution against them
- Ability to identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
Nice to haves:
- Experience automating routine tasks
- Experience dashboarding and developing metrics
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!