Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
We are looking for an experienced data science leader to drive the science roadmap and project execution of a Data Science team while mentoring and managing other data scientists. Your primary goals will be twofold: lead by example in innovative data methods, applications, and development; and lead and mentor your team to help them learn, grow, and succeed as data and research scientists. This role will start with a focus on improving shipment-related finance and operations teams’ tools, processes, and metrics -- with the opportunity to expand scope. You will work closely with cross-functional business leadership, scientists and other managers.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Management philosophy of prioritizing the success and happiness of their team members
- MS in data science, statistics, economics, mathematics or other quantitative subjects
- 5+ years of experience in a dynamic business environment, with at least 3 years working as an individual contributor data scientist, economist, statistician, or ML scientist
- 1+ years of experience managing data scientists, analytics, business intelligence, and/or financial analysts.
- Comfortable in SQL and proficiency in at least one high level programming language (i.e. Python, R, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead execution against them
- Ability to identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
Nice to haves:
- Experience automating routine tasks
- Experience dashboarding and developing metrics
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!