Senior Data Scientist, Demand at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:50 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
The Data Science team is at the core of Convoy’s business. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, metric definition, econometrics, and prediction domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
At Convoy you will be expected to work autonomously and own your domain end-to-end. You will collaborate with Research Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers across the Product organization and interact with stakeholders across the company. You will be responsible for defining core business logic in our data warehouse, developing insights to drive product decisions, and building data science models.
- You will collaborate with leadership, Account Managers, Business Development and Sales teams, Research Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers across Convoy.
- You will be responsible for developing insights to drive decisions, building models, analyzing experiments, generating reports, etc to support the acquisition, engagement and retention of shippers.
- Ideal candidates have experience delivering and enjoy working on high visibility and high impact projects.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience at top-tier companies in Consulting, Business Intelligence, Data Scientist, or Analytics roles
- Experience with customer lifecycle (acquisition, engagement, retention)
- Experience partnering with and supporting a team of stakeholders
- SQL fluency and ETL pipeline experience
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as Python or R
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
- Experience with Tableau or other reporting tools.
- Strong communication and keen attention to detail
Nice to haves:
- MS or PhD in economics, statistics, computer science, operations research, engineering, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject
- Strong examples of your outputs influencing a sales, account management, product or engineering road-map
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!