Senior Data Scientist, Healthcare at Navigating Cancer
Responsible for leading the design and development of advanced analytics initiatives. You will be the subject matter expert and participate in predictive modeling, data mining, statistical analysis, all projects and decision models to address business issues related to Oncology and Healthcare management models.
- Develop advanced algorithms to perform analytics on large-scale and complex data for real-world health and healthcare applications.
- Conduct real world data analysis for pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology customers using structured and un-structured data.
- Synthesize study results and translate into key findings, interpret results in the context of product/market/industry dynamics, and communicate results to senior management and clients.
- Independently develop high-quality deliverables in a timely manner
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to address business challenges
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Be a leader in data science and analytics efforts. Mentor and provide input to team members and other analysts to help define the team's vision, design and execute analytic projects from start-to-finish, inform technical direction, and support reporting of accomplishments.
- Build collaboration among health stakeholders, working across organizations to bring consensus to achieve objectives. Become a sought-out subject matter expert by consistently producing high-quality results.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Data Scientist or Senior Data Analyst
- Demonstrated ability in selecting, developing, and applying machine learning and data mining algorithms with proven business utility
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity and hands on experience with Matlab, Scala, Java or C++ is an asset.
- Experience with data–driven predictive model development, unstructured text mining, natural language processing, and anomaly and novelty detection
- Working knowledge of modern large-scale data systems and architectures; ability to manage and manipulate large disparate data sets
- Strong math skills (e.g. stats)
- Experience with pattern recognition, statistical analysis and machine learning; fluent, with hands-on experience with some of the following implementation languages: Python, R, Matlab, JAVA, or C /C Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong problem-solving skills, strong analytical and organizational skills
- ability to work independently or within a group
- Demonstrated capability to carry out original research beyond incremental application of existing techniques, as evidenced by publications in premier conferences would be a plus
- Prior experience with developing bioinformatics analysis pipelines, Pharmacology related data analysis would be preferred
- PhD, BSc/BA, M.S. in Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science is preferred