Senior Data Scientist (Insurance)
Do you want a highly impactful role within a team that is growing fast? Are you passionate about driving business value with products that deliver an awesome customer experience? Then this opportunity might be for you.
The Insurance Commercial Strategy and Services (CSS) team is responsible for managing the Insurance P&L and driving its strategy and business development efforts across the Expedia Group globally. We deliver millions of dollars of incremental revenue making a direct and meaningful impact the company's bottom-line. At the same time, we increase customers’ confidence to book travel and make difference in their lives.
While travel is fun, inspiring and educational, the process of shopping for your dream trip and sometimes the journey itself brings notes of stress. The CSS Insurance looks across traditional & creative insurance products to craft benefits that will provide travelers with peace of mind.
Come join this high performing entrepreneurial team to help formulate our Insurance strategy. If you enjoy using data and observations to build sounds business cases, solve business problems through machine learning modeling, improve on-going business activities and work on a team that functions as the “business owner” you will fit right in. In this role, you will use your analytical and business skills to inspire product, engineering, finance and customer support, and our strategic partners to prioritize, implement and scale our product ideas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop machine learning model algorithm to optimize revenue strategy
- Help automation of machine learning model management to efficiently provide effective support to growing insurance portfolio and highly-relevant custom experiences while maximizing revenue opportunities
- Report and analyze business performance from a product, marketing, and customer perspective
- Deep-dive into product tests for insurance team to deliver additional insights
- Identify business opportunities across different brands in our portfolio
- Deliver impactful analysis based on robust economic, financial, and statistical analysis
- Function independently, assessing existing and upcoming business needs
- Master’s degree is required
- At least 7years of experience in insurance or data science area
- Demonstrated ability to work through complex business problems and partner with internal clients using consultative approach
- Strong analytical/modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable insights
- Strong hands-on experience in Python or R
- Fluent in SQL
- Great communication and presentation skills
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Read Full Job Description