Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented, dedicated Senior Data Scientist to join the growing Network Topology team in Seattle, WA. Combining a background in Supply Chain with a deep understanding of network optimization, you will be at the forefront of deciding where, when, and how to expand our network footprint to support Chewy’s long term growth trajectory. You will build in house tools and systems working collaboratively with other data scientists, engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders across the company.
What you'll do:
- Develop a robust network optimization model to solve for customer experience, capacity, and cost to determine where, when, and how to grow our fulfillment network over a multi-year horizon.
- Stress test and simulate network scenarios to understand potential risks and shortfalls in each network strategy.
- Optimize our current inventory placement strategy within the confines of our existing network to support faster delivery while reducing the outbound cost in our Supply Chain.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and key stakeholders to deploy in house tools and systems.
What you'll need:
- An advanced degree (M.S, or equivalent experience) in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years' experience solving large scale network optimization problems.
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain concepts including capacity planning, inbound and outbound optimization, and inventory placement.
- Experience working with Machine Learning/Deep Learning for real world problems.
- Python or R mastery.
- Proficient with SQL.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to explain complex mathematical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- E-com, Retail, or startup experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and deliver results in a dynamic environment