Senior Data Scientist
Are you passionate about the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building creative, highly-scalable and expansible AI frameworks and solutions? Is working on the next-gen intelligent travel platforms to revolutionize the travel experience using AI/ML challenging and attractive to you?
We are the AI Labs team, a new team set to deliver an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Platform, advanced automation and, AI solutions. We work in start-up fashion, think deep, and code fast. We innovate incrementally, yet relentlessly. AI Labs collaborates with many teams to automate and build intelligence into our travel platforms, through Standards, Open Source, and expandable technology solutions. Our goal is to improve eCommerce platform availability and provide the best travel experience through using AI/ML.
What You'll Do:
As a Sr. Data Scientist within AI Labs you will work with a dynamic teams of product managers and engineers across multiple organizations to deliver sophisticated, next-gen AI Machine Learning solutions. Your vigorous STEM training and problem-solving skills are particularly important for this job function. You will contribute and make our young team become the industry-leading center of excellence for eCommerce AI and Automation. Together, we will forge our culture, based on respect, inclusion, and transparency, and we will achieve technical excellence in support of our business.
- You will apply solid coding skills, strong analytical and innovative thinking, AI/ML experience, quickly learn and turn new ideas into working solutions, drive proof of concepts and pilots to accelerate the on boarding of new technologies and solutions.
- You will partner with multi-teams for end-to-end transactions, booking, payment, security, operation, data services engineering teams to implement platform intelligence; provide the smart experience for our global travelers and AI-powered supply/demand engine.
- You will grow professionally; expand your skills and curiosity; be creative; also help others become their best.
Who You Are:
- A Ph.D. with 5+ years of relevant experience is required. Your degree will be in Computer Science or a related quantitative science & engineering field such as Artificial Intelligence, Image Processing, Mathematics, Operation Research, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science, System Engineering, Physics, and Bio-informatics.
- Work Experience with real-world large data sets, from domain-specific problem understanding, data preparation, travel related data processing, data integration, data structures for machine learning, data pipelining, data modeling, and AI/ML algorithms; strong software engineering and data science knowledge and skills.
- 5+ years of work experience with one of the following languages: Java, Python, Scala, SQL and PySpark.
- Solid knowledge and practice in Deep Learning with various Neural Networks approaches, applied to areas of NLP, Computer Vision, prediction, and optimization.
- Solid knowledge of Machine Learning techniques such as Bayesian methods, clustering, decision trees, random forests, NLP, etc., excellent grasp of statistical concepts and methods.
- Understanding of distributed file systems, scalable datastores, distributed computing and related technologies (Spark, Hadoop, etc.); implementation experience of MapReduce techniques, in-memory data processing, etc.
- Lead/drive new or existing initiatives/projects from beginning to end. Be able to communicate effectively with engineering, product, and external teams. Mentor junior data scientists with right direction and technologies.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.