To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Proficiency in either Python or R, and expertise in SQL.
- Experience working with AWS or another cloud-based computing platform.
- Experience and working knowledge of data infrastructure, pipelines, and advanced data manipulation.
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau or Looker (preferred), or any other industry tool such Qlik, PowerBI, Spotfire, etc.
- Excellent communication ability – you can explain your work in a way that anyone on the team can understand, and you can frame problems in a way that ensures the right question is being asked.
- Business Acumen – you are always eager to understand how the business works, and more specifically, how your work impacts the business.
- Enthusiastic yet humble – you are excited about the work you do, but you are also humble enough to embrace feedback – you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, data science or related field of study.
The following additional experience is desired:
- Experience retraining a model within a few days or updating a model within one day.
- Capable of performing an in-depth analysis and summarizing findings in one day.
- Comfortable having conversations with our executive team and non-technical team members to distill down their needs and to deliver actionable insights.