Senior Data Scientist
OfferUp is changing how we buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are about connecting buyers and sellers in a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in the Seattle area looking for passionate, motivated, and curious people who want to be part of our fast growing marketplace.
- Design and measure experiments to test in various cross-functional areas to challenge hypotheses and come up with actionable recommendations.
- Identify and perform deep analysis in specific business areas (crime risk modeling, user reputation, product search, personalization, recommenders etc.)
- Develop end-to-end experimentation-driven product improvements from conception/research, to offline testing, then live A/B testing and finally shipping to production.
- Act as an analytics advisor to solve business problems using data.
- Discover new areas of impact across the company
- Leverage the latest machine learning trends including deep learning to solve challenges in image modeling, text processing, search, instant messaging, and many more areas.
- A passion for working with large data sets is a must.
- Ability to mentor new Data Scientists
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience as a Data Scientist or similar
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a technical related field
- Expertise around programming languages like Java, Python (or willing to learn quickly)
- Hands on experience in predictive modeling and analyses
- Strong analysis, problem solving, data structures and algorithm development background
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Experience working in e-commerce and mobile marketplaces
- Some experience in some the following: entity extraction, semantics in text, image recognition, recommender systems, ranking, LDA, classification