Senior Data Warehouse Engineer/Architect at Donuts Inc.
Senior Data Warehouse Engineer/Architect
We are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer/Architect with a strong Python programming basse, well-rounded software development background, and proficiencies in ETL builds and processes, and data warehouse operations.
The Tools and Data team is responsible for the design and operation of our data warehouse services, processes, and infrastructure overseeing all ETL processes and frameworks. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded data warehouse engineer or architect with a strong expertise in experience SQL query performance tuning, data warehouse design and modeling. Python experience is also important as it is the primary programming language of choice. Strong communication skills and working with internal customers and peers is a must.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in software development and data warehouse management
- Solid expertise or exposure to financial transactions, accounting principals with be strongly preferred
- 7+ years of Python programming experience (architect level)
- Strong understanding of SQL fundamentals, including warehousing contexts and/or other complex environments, relational or NoSQL databases engines such as SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres
- Deep expertise in data warehousing, dimensional modeling and the ability to bring best practices with regard to data management, ETL, API integrations, and data governance
- Knowledge and experience working with networking, business intelligence, and data visualization are a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with Cloud services ie. AWS or GCP is required
- Create deploy, and automate ETL and data integration processes into an Enterprise Data Warehouse using Python and BigQuery
- Act as a key Data Warehouse SME within the data services team to drive successful adoption of best practices, standardization of data provision to the data warehouse, and proactive management of data refresh and accuracy
- Develop and Engineer under a full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operational management. This will include participating on on-call rotation.
- Design and implement formal data warehouse testing strategies and plans including unit
testing, functional testing, integration testing, performance testing, and validation testing.
- Participate in data warehouse health monitoring and performance optimizations as well as quality documentation.
Few things to know about us
- Donuts offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. Donuts also offers some great perks such as catered Friday lunches, a fully stocked kitchen including coffee, snacks and drinks, as well as great waterfront views.
- Donuts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.