Senior Database Engineer - SWAT - Federal at ServiceNow
“This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.”
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for an experienced performance engineer with a proven track record of troubleshooting the issues, bugs and performance of complex systems. Working with key members of our Cloud Development, Service Operations teams and Support, you will focus on supporting our platform as issues arises. The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer with a strong background in database technologies, performance analysis, and strong troubleshooting skills. The candidate must have a passion for chasing issues of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and all our customers. In this role you will support the infrastructure by learning the platform from end to end. You will also enable peers in SRE and customer support by being highest level of support internally and externally.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong experience with performance and stress testing tools and approaches for driving realistic customer simulations
- 5+ years of database management and performance tuning
- 5+ years of experience supporting or testing large scale web-based distributed applications on containers such as Apache/Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, and Web Sphere in a Unix environment
- 3+ years of experience developing on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution
- Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- Unix skills: including development, navigation, file manipulation, permissions, searching/finding files and text contents, and administrative actions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- developing and deploying mission critical software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent technical discipline, or similar work experience.
- Eagerness to learn everything about the ServiceNow Platform
- Experience with service now platform, scripting, tuning, troubleshooting is highly preferred.
- Solid understanding and experience with databases mainly Mysql (and Oracle)
- Solid understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization
- Familiarity or knowledge of CentOS/RedHat operating system (admin/root level)
- Demonstrated experience leading individual projects, including scheduling and reporting
- Formal experience on a DevOps or Performance or support team is desired
And finally ServiceNow as a company
You already know that ServiceNow is changing the way people work. Due to the success of our products we are experiencing growth in virtually all areas of our organization.
To sustain our growth, we are looking for drivers - people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in and stand out.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals with strong aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers/engineers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, yet relaxed, atmosphere.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, or on the basis of disability.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.