Senior Graphics Engineer, Machine Learning
Our Machine Learning Graphics team wants to redefine the process of content generation by exploring the intersection of Machine Learning and Graphics - from material generation to texture creation to environment content authoring, our Machine Learning Graphics team believes that we can better serve Unity developers by applying Machine Learning models to the Graphics Rendering process. If you are a team player who wants to be at the forefront of machine learning, graphics, and the video game industry, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an experienced Graphics Engineer to join our Machine Learning Graphics team, where they’ll have an immediate and significant impact on the team’s projects and direction. As a Graphics Engineer with our Machine Learning Graphics team, you will help negotiate the obstacles and potential applications of leveraging ML technology to expedite, ease, and empower the process of creating Unity content, and provide a lens of Graphics Engineering expertise to the team.
For examples of recent Unity real-time graphics, take a look at the Book of the Dead, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, as well as the Neon demo. Stay tuned for more amazing graphics coming in 2018!
This role is located in Bellevue, WA. Candidates desiring remote work will not be considered at this time.
- 5+ of recent, hands-on experience in the field of video/image processing, real-time computer graphics, or graphics engineering
- Strong C++/C experience
- Experience programming GPU pipelines
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Some project work and a strong interest in deep learning techniques
- Exposure to latest Deep Learning techniques (CNN, RNN, GAN, Autoencoder, RL, etc.)
- Hands on experience with one or more Deep Learning Framework (TensorFlow, pyTorch, Keras, Caffe, CNTK, MXNet, etc)
- Expertise in at least one of the following:
- Physically-based image rendering
- Texture generation
- Facial animation and modeling
- High-fidelity video game rendering
- 3D modeling
- Experience in the Game and/or Entertainment industry (animation, film, television, video games, etc.)
- Experience developing tools and workflows
- Experience working with multi-platform systems
- Experience working with content creators (animators, technical artists, etc.)
- Experience in academic research or industry research — for example, publishing in top-tier conferences or journals, or industry experience as a software engineer in research
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.