Senior Leader in Data Platform
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
About the Role
The Data Platform powers all of the Qualtrics Experience Management products with services to ingest, store, process, and analyze experience and operational data. This role will focus on our analytics platform capabilities. You will develop and execute a strategy for providing all of our product teams with data access, aggregation, and analysis capabilities at scale. You will power real-time, batch, and streaming data workflows—managing for high availability, high throughput, data consistency, and security.
At Qualtrics, our goal is to continue leading the Experience Management category, so we rely on leaders that envision the future and anticipate customer needs that don’t yet exist. In this role you will need to balance important long term investments with short term product needs, and partner with PM and company leadership to ensure alignment with both strategic and tactical goals.
As the leader of this team you will hire, develop, mentor, and coach other engineering managers and senior individual contributors to build platform services and features for the Analytics Platform. You will partner with company leadership and your team to build an efficient global organization strategy designed to execute against our multi-year product and company vision.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proven track record of building large scale distributed systems, with 5+ years in a significant leadership position, managing other managers, and engineering teams that have designed, developed, and launched big data systems
- Experience working with distributed storage and analysis technology, e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Experience working with large-scale computing platforms, e.g. Spark, Hadoop
- Experience leading within a global team across multiple engineering sites
- Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, motivating, growing, and retaining talented software engineers and software development managers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills