About The Team
The Outreach Data Science Knowledge & Situation Awareness (KSA) team explores Terabytes of Data and extracts insights out of it. Data helps Outreach to equip customized success strategies for our customers. KSA uses Machine Learning to extract precious insights from seas of log data, event data, and metadata, to present everything from customer health scores, revenue dashboards, to operational metrics, to drive executive decision making. Through automated Natural Language Understanding (NLU), we provide predictive analytics, information conflation, and knowledge inference to increase product engagement, user productivity, and eventually drive more success in sales. As our customer base continues to grow, we are looking towards new ways of leveraging our data to save our customers time and improve their sales efficiency.
The key goal of the Data Science team is to transform how sales representatives operate by enabling personalized guided selling. We challenge you to make a difference through innovation in advanced data analytics in the Billion dollar sales domain. As a member of the team, you will work closely with world class Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers, to scale up Outreach data, Machine Learning, and incubation infrastructure. You will be part of the team proudly tackle problems the world has never solved. You will build models from structured and unstructured data. You will architect data-driven functionalities and automating Machine Learning pipelines. The technical stack we use include AWS, DataBricks, Snowflake, Sisense, Scikit-learn and Python.
Here is a list of our recent publications in Data Science:
An Evaluation of Transfer Learning for Classifying Sales Engagement Emails at Large Scale
Y Liu, P Dmitriev, Y Huang, A Brooks, L Dong
IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid), Feb 2019
Transfer Learning Meets Sales Engagement Email Classification: Evaluation, Analysis, and Strategies
Y Liu, P Dmitriev, Y Huang, A Brooks, L Dong, M Liang, Z Boshernitzan, ...
Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Jan 2020
Discovery of Bias and Strategic Behavior in Crowdsourced Performance Assessment
Y Huang, M Shum, X Wu, JZ Xiao
ACM SIGKDD International Workshop on Talent and Management Computing, Jan 2019
Our Vision of You
- You have 5+ years of experience working with distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark. Experiences with Spark’s Mlib, AWS, Databricks, MLFlow are a plus.
- You understand the entire lifecycle of machine learning product development, from inception to production, with CI/CD experiences is a plus.
- You have substantial experience with deploying, running, and maintaining ML models in real products.
- You have substantial coding experience. Experience with Python and its ML packages such as scikit-learn is a plus
- You are hands on, able to quickly pick up new tools and languages, and excited about building things and experimenting
- You are experienced at mentoring junior team members and go above and beyond to help your team. You are passionate about sharing your learnings, through documentation or talks.
- You are honest, admit mistakes, and own fixing them
- You are a motivated and talented craftsperson: always looking to sharpen and adapt your skills
- You have a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description