Senior Machine Learning Engineer
We are looking for exceptional machine learning engineers and scientists to push the boundaries of customizing in-game experiences for millions of users. Our Machine Learning team partners with teams throughout Unity to research and bring into production the ways in which Machine Learning can benefit our Unity: from ads to assets, our team wants to bring Machine Learning to every corner of Unity. If you’re an exceptional Data Scientist or Machine Learning engineer with strong engineering and deep learning skills, we'd like to meet you!
The Unity Engine is a premiere platform for a variety of interactive media experiences, ranging from video games to Hollywood film CGI to cutting-edge AR/VR interactive experiences, Unity is a content development platform as versatile as it is impactful.
This role is located onsite at the Unity office in Bellevue, WA. Candidates desiring remote or virtual work will not be considered at this time.
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing Machine Learning models and algorithms OR a PhD in Machine Learning with at least 1+ year of industry experience
- 1+ year of experience with Deep Learning Frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano)
- Experience with very large scale data/distributed systems
- Strong engineering background with a good foundation in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems and software design
- Experience with Cloud deployments (AWS or GCP)
- 1+ year of experience with Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or Statistics
- Experience with Reinforcement Learning, Markov Decision Processes, Adaptive Control, Neuroevolution, multi-armed bandits, personalization or online learning
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development, or robotics
- Published research in areas of Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, or Computer Vision at major conference or journal
Who We Are // About Unity
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.