Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:33 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
The Machine Learning Engineer will help build, scale and maintain the development and production platforms for the Data Science team. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical background and hands-on experience in building and deploying Machine Learning models, as well as promoting a data-driven culture across the organization. They would not hesitate to wrangle data, if necessary, and are acutely familiar with what makes an effective and efficient data science team.
An ideal candidate will show passion generally for the field of applied machine learning, and critically, for helping a team of technical data scientists scale its productivity. Additionally, the candidate will have interest in learning about and potentially contributing toward cutting edge open source Data Science and Machine Learning technologies.
- Help the Data Science team scale by building out a platform for training, deploying, and monitoring machine learning models in production.
- Build pipelines to ingest data from myriad sources into a centralized data lake for use by Data Scientists.
- Contribute directly to the design and development of automated selection systems.
- Collaborate with production engineering teams to ensure that machine learning models integrate successfully into production environments while adhering to performance and availability SLOs.
- Build customer-facing reporting tools to provide insights and metrics which track system and model performance.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field.
- Experience with full AI/ML life-cycle from model development, training, testing, deployment, monitoring, and refining and iterating.
- Proficient with data analysis and modeling software such as Spark, R, Python etc.
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python and data manipulation/analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analyzing and modeling data.
- Familiar with multiple machine learning algorithmic methodologies, including decision trees, logistic regression, Bayesian analysis, and others.
- Knowledge of AWS Redshift, Snowflake or similar databases.
- Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Are currently located in Argentina or Canada.
- Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, Scala, C++, Java, etc.).
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to advocate technical solutions effectively to scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity, ability to self-motivate, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our and our customer’s organizations.
- #AR; #CA;
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description