Senior Manager, MetaSearch Analytics and Operations at Expedia Group
Our purpose is to bring the world within reach for every traveler.
If you are seeking a collaborative, rewarding and dynamic learning environment where a sense of humor is essential, you will love Expedia’s Metasearch Marketing team. Metasearch is a dynamic business and we aim to utilize it to be the most trusted and creative online travel agent in the world. To get there, we need extraordinarily driven people such to transform our team.
Ever wondered what it would feel like to challenge yourself in new areas of Growth Marketing? We need a dynamic, organized self-starter to drive Metasearch Analytics and Operations within our Global Marketing Organization (GMO) located in Bellevue, WA. We operate one of the largest marketing portfolios not only within Expedia but also in the world of travel marketing.
Interested in an inherently collaborative role that gives you tremendous organizational exposure with senior leaders within the company? You will partner with Product, Software Engineering, Marketing Business and Strategy teams and share results in Marketing Councils and Product Reviews. To demonstrate high Return on Ad Spend, you will provide in person updates to senior executives on channel performance and provide guidance on future growth. You will coach and mentor your team of Marketing Analysts who are responsible for crafting business cases, operational tests and growth strategies. Your efforts will guide the Metasearch team to improve company revenue, reduce cost, increase customer engagement, and enhance the value of the Expedia Brand.
Your responsibilities in this role would include the following.
- You will be responsible for contributing to analytics, product development and operations in key areas of Metasearch marketing; including pricing and price display, machine learned inventory mapping, statistics and tools for fast-paced test-and-learn and more.
- You will maintain a high attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple, contending priorities simultaneously.
- We expect you to develop a reasoned argument to present to partners with little to no guidance.
- You will actively identify and resolve issues that may impair a team's ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- We need you to hire and retain high-energy Marketing Analysts with a growth mindset. Empower your team to achieve the organization’s vision.
- You get to draw on analytical and quantitative skills, using hard data, machine learning and data mining techniques to extract insights to see beyond the numbers.
We are looking for…
- Excellent critical thinking and strong operating skills including proficiency in Agile methodology
- Significant and proven industry experience in running business or technology teams, preferably in critical areas of e-commerce.
- Experience building and defending data models used for testing strategies and operational execution.
- Travel or hospitality industry experience, highly valued.
- Proven ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, address trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal skills along with collaborative program management.
- Shown ability to lead in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills, including identifying and developing high-energy operational talent.
Experience and Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science.
- 8 years of work experience in a business operations or technology management role.
- 5 years of operating experience in an Agile environment with strong working knowledge of Scrum concepts.
- Strong background in setup and measurement of A|B and Multi-Variant tests on an e-commerce platform.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MH2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.