Senior Manager, Strategy and Analytics International at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are among the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
Inside of Blue Nile, we are working to push the envelope in terms of using data to drive business decisions across our Merchandising, Marketing, Pricing and other functions. There are tons of insights to be found in our 20+ years of data, just waiting to be put into practice.
Blue Nile operates in over 40 countries. We are looking to develop our international strategy, uncover opportunities, execute flawlessly and turn the international business into a growth engine for Blue Nile.
The Senior Manager of Analytics will report to the SVP of International. You will help provide strategic direction for the international business, build out the 3 year plan, identify opportunities and frameworks to prioritize and drive execution. You’re a self-starter and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and digging into the data yourself. You will work across the organization and establish relationships and influence with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the organization to mobilize initiatives. Finally, you are an analytical, data-driven, and highly motivated thought leader with an appropriate perspective on the big picture, with attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (computer science, economics, statistics, applied math, etc.)
- 8+ years full time experience in an analytically based function (e.g. quantitative marketing, analytics)
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think broadly, refine questions and develop analytical frameworks that drive to key insights and business recommendations
- Strong sense of pragmatism and business judgment to ensure insights and recommendations lead to execution, action and impact
- Experience with SQL and business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred) is required
- Strong data presentation, visualization and communication skills
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages and packages (SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
- Effective at communicating insights from data analysis and influencing change
- Strong attention to detail and executional excellence
- Ability to build and foster productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Self-starter who desires to discover trends and find actionable information
- Ability to take initiative and act independently
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount