At Assurance, our mission is to deliver the most comprehensive health and financial wellness tool to every consumer at no cost. We are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Position
The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with our core business leaders to unlock key insights and trends from our data. As an analytics leader on the team, you will develop advanced models and tools, evaluate large data sets, and create tailored dashboards to help the vertical grow profitably. If you love powering product decisions based on unique analyses/insights, then this role is for you. You will be working closely with a group of Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers and Data Scientists, all of whom are passionate about our product and are hungry for new insights to inform a product strategy that will help us in meeting the financial needs of our shoppers.
What you will do:
- Daily management of performance, including lead volume, revenue, margins, and related performance metrics, to ensure accomplishment of performance goals.
- Provide recommendations to the business lead to support development of the strategy, launch, optimization and P&L of the Personal Finance verticals.
- Recommend new strategies after conducting internal analysis, researching competitor campaigns and digesting industry reports.
- Work with marketing channel managers to help drive media to profitability by managing to lender caps.
- Become proficient in our analytics tools (Looker, Tableau, SQL) to track and understand full-funnel performance (from ad click to closed loans on the lender side).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Business, or similar quantitative field
- 3-5 years of experience in a business analyst or technical role building and maintaining complex financial models.
- Proficiency in relevant software packages such as MySQL, Python, Excel, Access, Exchange Cub
- Ability to problem-solve and understand key drivers of the business.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, preparing high quality reports, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- Strong communication skills required. Must be able to articulate and communicate complex data information and issues to management and team members.
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about life at Assurance!
Trust and Autonomy
At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. We find that brilliant people, given this freedom and trust, will collaborate to build far more amazing things than they could ever be directed to create.
Drive to Innovate
We don't settle for the status quo – we're a team of innovators who believe that there’s almost always a better way. We operate on first principles – we challenge commonly held assumptions to create new and better solutions from scratch. In our short history we’ve made a lot progress with this mentality, launching new business lines and innovative products constantly. Following our historic acquisition by Prudential, we have more support than ever to innovate and change the world of insurance and financial services.
We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth. We prioritize what is best for the whole and avoid focusing on what is best for the individual. We all care about achieving goals more than looking good, and we're eager to constantly be learning from each other.
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
Nutritional Snacks and Weekly Lunches
We encourage a healthy lifestyle for employees in all ways that we can, and we don’t want it to be tough to find sustenance when you’re hard at work! We provide healthy, nutritional snacks throughout our office, and outstanding local coffee. We also host a weekly lunch, featuring top local restaurants, to accompany our all-company meeting.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
Choice of High-End Equipment
We want to make sure you’re empowered to create amazing things. We give new employees the option of a variety of high-end computers and accessories.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.