As an Outreach Product Manager, you function as an expert in one or more primary user personas for the Outreach product, deeply understanding their day-to-day workflows, the context in which they work within a sales organization, the technologies they interact with, and how they use Outreach to drive sales outcomes. This role is responsible for identifying, validating and prioritizing competitive solutions within the Outreach product that provide real business impact for our customers and are a joy to use. You’ll lead a cross functional team to plan and enable go to market activities and ensure new solutions launch effectively and are adopted.
In this role you can expect to:
• Use data and analytics to monitor user behavior, and stay close to our user community to understand how Outreach features drive value.
• Identify and validate new market opportunities, define product vision, strategy and roadmaps.
• Translate customer needs into clear, well-defined MVP feature requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the user domain
• Perform competitive analysis and value proposition differentiation
• Drive alignment on product priorities with the executive team and across the organization
• Execute on the roadmap by working closely with Engineering, Data Science, Analytics, Design.
• Set up features launches for success by ensuring all customer facing teams are prepared to sell, support and drive adoption of new and updated product capabilities.
• Communicate overall status, progress against success metrics, risks, mitigations and new opportunities to senior management.
- 5+ years of experience building great products, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, timelines and go-to-market execution
- Strong technical aptitude; deeply familiar with system integration strategies, CRM or other core B2B solutions, and modern application development
- Deeply analytical, high EQ, curious and process oriented. Skilled at rapidly assessing a product landscape and synthesizing highest priority opportunities
- Ability to define long-term business strategy, and drive impact on short-term product goals
- Self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others
- Deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Strong skills around cross-functional collaboration, influence, and communication
- Ability to achieve clarity and drive focus in complex domains
- Strong analytical abilities and prior experience with building business cases, data analysis, and problem-solving
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status