Senior Reporting Analyst - Geo Team at Expedia Group
Our Geo team is passionate authorities in geography who provide comprehensive and relevant Geo data to help travelers find their next destination. We are data-driven and partner with teams across Expedia to power our travel platform and improve the traveler experience.
Expedia's Geography Team is looking for a Sr. Reporting Analyst to join our team. Our team is responsible for enriching existing and curating new Geography data to support search and aid in destination discovery across Expedia Group brands. As an Analyst on the Geography team, you will make data driven business decisions, and will be responsible for performing analyses on Geography and Content Data for Expedia Group. This includes enriching data for search and various projects related to core geography improvements across our brands and points of sale, such as data optimization and management. You will gather reporting requirements, resolve sources of requested data, and generate reports to deliver actionable insights. We are responsible for the management of geographic and mapping data across several our brands; balancing Geo-political constructs, traveler perspectives, and physical geographies, within the requirements of our data/databases. We work directly with Geographers and geography clients to execute reporting requirements.What you will do:
- You will extract appropriate data and identify patterns to address critical issues, and support key initiatives to optimize Expedia Group's content data and geography.
- You will generate reports through detailed analysis, ensuring data accuracy and timeliness
- You will provide interpretations and recommendations at regular intervals to guide strategic and business decisions
- You will perform ad hoc analyses in support of major initiatives, obtaining and extracting information from multiple data sources using AWS Athena, Qubole, etc.
- You will work independently as well as multi-functionally across brands, technologies, and Lodging Partners to prioritize and complete tasks
- 2+ years experience in descriptive and predictive data analytics
- Consistent record of defining and executing key analysis with minimal supervision
- Real passion for statistics, number crunching and logical problem solving on intellectual challenges
- Ability to structure / work on data exploratory problems, using innovative ways, creative solutions and data visualization skills
- Experience using Python or similar tools for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualizing big data, strong SQL skills.
- Retrieve and parse data from various web services
- Experience in data modeling and Machine Learning
- Ability to clearly and communicate results/conclusions to partners
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to balance geo-political and retail driven data requests
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Qubole, AWS Athena, GIS systems a plus
- Prior knowledge of standard web analytics tools including Omniture, Google Analytics
- You are excited to make a positive impact on how travelers plan and book their dream trip
- You want to be part of a team of passionate, hard-working geography and travel enthusiasts
- You thrive in an environment where you have the freedom, scope and responsibility to find innovative ways to impact our business
- You are passionate about not just sharing data but telling a story through research
- You are someone who enjoys working independently, but also values collaboration and idea sharing
- You enjoy conquering diverse challenges every day by building strong working relationships across internal and external teams
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.