Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Optimizing our network of carriers is core to Convoy’s mission to automate the logistics industry. Today, we use machine learning, economic analysis, and operations research to figure out freight prices, shipment relevance for carriers, auction bidding strategy, and other internal processes. However, we’ve only begun to scratch the surface of possibilities across our transportation network - efficient load bundling, predicting carrier preferences, and fleet optimization are new frontiers that are central to Convoy’s success.
We are looking for a Senior Research Science Manager to join Convoy’s Marketplace organization to lead our network optimization data science team. This role has the potential to unlock significant value for the company as we double-down on the fundamental algorithms at the heart of our business. If you are interested in joining a company that is integrating economic insights and data science into the core of its business, while leveraging technology to drive efficiencies in a critical sector of the economy, let’s talk.
We're looking for someone who has:
- MS/PhD in engineering, operation research, economics, statistics or other quantitative subject
- 5+ years of experience in a dynamic business environment
- 2+ years of experience managing data scientists
- Comfortable in SQL and proficiency in analytical tools (i.e. Python, R, etc)
- Experience working with ML models in production environments
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead execution of it
- Ability to identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
- Experience in Operations Research or Optimization is a plus
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. at our Seattle HQ.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!