Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Optimizing our network of carriers is core to Convoy’s mission to automate the logistics industry. Today, we use machine learning, economic analysis, and operations research to figure out freight prices, shipment relevance for carriers, auction bidding strategy, and other internal processes. However, we’ve only begun to scratch the surface of possibilities across our transportation network - efficient load bundling, predicting carrier preferences, and fleet optimization are new frontiers that are central to Convoy’s success.
We are looking for a Senior Research Science Manager to join Convoy’s Marketplace organization to lead our network optimization data science team. This role has the potential to unlock significant value for the company as we double-down on the fundamental algorithms at the heart of our business. If you are interested in joining a company that is integrating economic insights and data science into the core of its business, while leveraging technology to drive efficiencies in a critical sector of the economy, let’s talk.
We're looking for someone who has:
- MS/PhD in engineering, operation research, economics, statistics or other quantitative subject
- 5+ years of experience in a dynamic business environment
- 2+ years of experience managing data scientists
- Comfortable in SQL and proficiency in analytical tools (i.e. Python, R, etc)
- Experience working with ML models in production environments
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead execution of it
- Ability to identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
- Experience in Operations Research or Optimization is a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!