Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for building out a standardized suite of reporting and data tools to maximize effectiveness of our revenue-generating organizations. You will be a data expert and will play a critical role in developing a framework for scalable reporting for the Shipper Team. You’ll get an opportunity to touch all things metrics, including; defining and analyzing key performance indicators (KPIs), developing standard data sources for analytics, completing in-depth ad hoc sales performance analysis, working cross-functionally to support a scalable reporting infrastructure, and packaging findings/recommendations and presenting to senior leadership.
At heart, you are a self proclaimed “data geek”and love diving into complex data sets to provide insights to guide our marketing, sales, and customer success organizations. You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You love getting your hands dirty building impactful visualizations and are excited to be an early member or our quickly growing Revenue Ops team.
- Develop insightful and interactive business intelligence reports (KPIs, operating metrics, business metrics, ad-hoc queries), dashboards, and scorecards to guide decision-makers in their efforts to increase overall sales productivity, unlock key insights, and to improve internal processes.
- Develop and maintain dashboards to provide benchmarking and progress against key performance goals and initiatives for the sales team, and to enable visibility into metrics specifically designed to determine pipeline health, sales funnel conversion rates, competitor insights, and overall go-to-market performance.
- Track key performance indicators to enhance Sales leadership’s understanding of the business and to improve decision-making to drive improvements for sales and revenue generation.
- Standardize reporting and our data management process.
- Build, maintain, and support data integrations between cross-functional systems used by sales, marketing, finance, implementation, carrier and operations services.
- Work with Sales, Finance and Marketing to analyze account based marketing (ABM), territory carving, and quota setting efforts to streamline and focus our sales teams on the most lucrative prospects and upsell candidates.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related subject or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in sales, marketing, and customer success analytics or a related field.
- Expert experience with Excel required.
- Experience authoring Reports in BI Tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Experience authoring reports in Salesforce required.
- Data driven individual with a strong business acumen and focus on analytical problem solving, data manipulation and management skills.
- Ability to develop recommendations, form judgments, and make decisions based on existing available data.
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy, integrity, process consistency and documentation in planning, forecasting, and modeling approaches.
- Able to effectively collaborate cross-functionally, partnering with stakeholders to drive business performance.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
Nice to haves:
- Experience building data visualizations in authoring Tableau.
- Salesforce admin experience a plus.
- Transportation/logistics industry experience is a plus.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!