Senior Software Engineer - Big Data at Getty Images
Getty is embarking on its next wave of innovation in visual storytelling and how to put the perfect image or video in our customer’s hands, be it for a society-changing headline or a brand’s next big campaign—truly moving the world with images.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, and impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is the starting point for our customers imagery search. Customers are confident that they are going directly to the best source of content, and that Getty's search engine will surface only the most relevant content to them and have the tools they need to refine and explore creatively.
Our customers will be able to communicate effortlessly with Getty Images, in their quest to find the right imagery. Using text, voice, or visual channels, they will have the ability to describe their content needs creatively and thoroughly. Getty Images' search will eliminate the barrier that exists between a creative art director and a technical researcher.
Who You Are:
You are motivated by the technical challenges that come with structured and unstructured data at an enterprise level. Even more, you are energized by bringing solutions and innovations that help the business move forward. You are passionate about building data platforms, frameworks and driving insights from complex multi structured datasets. You are smart enough to condense Getty’s business into domain driven data layers.
- Outstanding analytical skills and excellent team player with bias-for-action mindset.
- Build Data Platform frameworks to enable automation, self-service, access controls and data cataloging
- Build simple front-end interfaces using Python and Python Web tools
- Design, implement and deliver complete cloud based analytical solutions.
- Design, build and maintain high performing ETL processes, including data quality and testing
- Define and build technical/data architecture for data warehouse, data marts and big data solutions (including data and dimensional modeling)
- Ensure scalability, monitoring and high performance of the platform
- Design and implement Micro-services for Data processing
- Mentor and provide technical guidance and thought leadership
- Establish lean data governance to drive data standards and data quality.
- Be an evangelist in the company for data-informed thinking and decision making.
- 10+ years hands-on experience with designing and implementing distributed architecture systems that can handle tera bytes of data.
- Expert knowledge in modern distributed architectures and compute / data analytics / storage technologies on AWS Cloud.
- Hands-on working experience on AWS Redshift or Snowflake
- Hands on experience designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions in Hadoop Production clusters.
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) tools such as gitlab-ci, jenkins etc.
- Experience in reporting and visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience in architecting and building data warehouse systems and BI systems including ETL.
- Understanding of architectural principles and design patterns / styles using parallel large-scale distributed frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark;
- Advanced knowledge of a programming language such as Java/Python/Scala
- 4+ years of experience in Front End development using Python, Flask, Django or AngularJs.
- Experience in SQL Server BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) is a plus
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in production on Hadoop & Spark clusters.
- Experience in performance troubleshooting, SQL optimization, and benchmarking.
- Strong architectural experience in context of deploying cloud-based data solutions.
- Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures and data processing in high-volume applications. Full SDLC experience (requirements gathering through production deployment).
- Knowledge of working in UNIX environment creating of shell scripts
- Experience in building docker containers in Kubernetes or other Container Services is a plus
Experience writing cloud formation scripts or terraform scripts are a plus
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.