Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to create and optimize data pipelines for the Search team, focused on meaningfully impacting Getty’s search experience, be it for personalization, diversifying search results, or enabling customer exploration and discovery.
Who you are:
A creative and curious engineer specialized in building and maintaining data pipelines. You’ll have the opportunity to lay the foundation for data pipelines specific to machine learning.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define, architect, develop, and deploy infrastructure for large scale ETL pipelines with data processing frameworks that lay the foundation for robust, production level data science models in our products
- Collaborate with other technology teams including data platform, search engineers, and machine learning engineers to handle a wide variety of sources of structured/unstructured data, and integrate solutions into our engineering stack
- Interface with data science, machine learning engineers, software engineers, and product managers to understand data needs
- 201 level of understanding of Machine Learning, or Computer Vision.
- Keep up to date on the emerging best practices in data engineering, continuously evaluating and providing guidance on the use of new technologies that lay the foundation for data engineering best practices
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience building streaming and batch data pipelines and are comfortable working within a large-scale distributed environment with tools such as Solr, Elastic Search, Spark, python, Quoble, Airflow, Hadoop, Hive
- Hands-on experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Previous experience working with data scientists, machine learning engineers, and data analysts
- Hands-on experience writing complex, highly-optimized queries across large datasets
- You are comfortable in dynamic, ambiguous environments
- A strong understanding of current data engineering tools and industry standards
- Excellent communication skills. You are a good listener open to many diverse voices and perspectives. You are transparent, trustworthy, and honest.
- Ability to independently execute on a project, from ideation to delivery to stakeholders, and can pro-actively interact with other engineers at Getty Images to access necessary resources or data.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (ex: Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Information Management, Mathematics, etc.).
- If you are self-taught and believe you are a good fit for this role, or have significant work experience in data engineering or database engineering, we would love to hear from you as well.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this position will work from home.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.