The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work.
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Data), you will be responsible for building out all aspects relating to the Demandbase platform and moving products from R&D into production scale. Strong technical leadership and broad knowledge of many web application stacks/architectures will make you successful in this role.
For success in this role, you should have proven experience in building out high-performance large-scale systems. You will be both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and the ability to work closely with data science and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment. This is a high-visibility position involving close collaboration across many functional groups as well as interaction with executive stakeholders.
What you'll be doing:
- Define: Work with internal stakeholders to design and develop components in the next generation of Demandbase’s Platform Products including APIs, batch systems, front-end, and database concerns.
- Document: Write clear documentation to convey plans and technical architecture
- Test: Ensure all new and modified code is tested to the highest quality at delivery time
- Monitor & Deploy: Ensure high reliability of all maintained product offerings by building reporting and monitoring mechanisms into our infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master's in Computer Science and 5+ years of working experience
- Deep understanding of Hadoop, Spark, or other large-scale data processing platforms
- Proven experience processing and aggregating over billions to trillions of rows of data
- Strong software design and development experience - We write entirely in Scala. Experience in Java or Golang is also acceptable.
- Familiarity with Aerospike (preferred) or Redis is a plus
- Deep desire for data is a must; this position lives in data
- Understanding of cookies, mobile web traffic, and user behavior is a strong plus
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS) is a strong plus
- Proven ability to solve problems using state of the art technology
- Proven ability to innovate when necessary, but not reinvent the wheel
- Ability to handle delivery goals and turn them into concrete output
- Ability to suggest technical direction when necessary to solve problems
- Experimental yet pragmatic ability to create something useful
- Hands on and not afraid to wear multiple hats
- Passion for career growth
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, and much more!
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter