Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
About the Team
Data is at the core of Outreach's strategy. It drives our customers and ourselves to the highest levels of success. We use it for everything from customer health scores and revenue dashboards, to operational metrics of our AWS infrastructure, to helping increase product engagement and user productivity through automated natural language understanding, to predictive analytics and causal inference via experimentation. As our customer base continues to grow, we are looking towards new ways of leveraging our data to save our customers time and improve their sales efficiency. Key goal of the Data Science team is to transform how sales reps operate by enabling personalized guided selling. This requires a deep understanding of customer communication - emails threads and call/meetings transcripts, to extract useful information, determine the situation the deal is in and recommend next steps. As a member of the team, you will be on the ground floor, working directly with the VP of Data Science to define and implement our strategy for delivering on this vision. You will be responsible for delivering models, data-driven functionality, and end-user features based on these models that will be deployed into production, as well as analyzing the data to produce actionable insights and inform next steps.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
Analyzing huge volumes of communication such as e-mails, phone call transcripts, meeting transcripts. The data velocity is in Terabytes.
Developing highly efficient machine learning models and extracting insights and actions.
Implementing and testing prototypes on our large scale distributed data infrastructure.
Closely working with Machine Learning Engineers to deploy your models and insights into production.
Working with internal teams to validate your results and enable them to take action based on your insights.
Rigorously measuring the impact of your work via data analysis and experimentation.
Our Vision of You
- You have a solid background in statistical learning techniques for NLP (Deep Learning, HMMs, CRFs, SVMs, LDA, LSI, MRFs, etc), and experience applying these techniques to solve real problems in one of the modern distributed ML and deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet, etc.)
- You have experience working with distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark.
- You have strong programming skills in Python and are familiar with at least one other object oriented programming language (C++, Java, Scala, etc.)
- You understand the entire lifecycle of machine learning product development, from inception to production
- You are hands on, curious about new tools and languages, and excited about building things and experimenting.
- You go above and beyond to help your team. You are honest, admit mistakes, and own fixing them
- You are motivated and talented: always looking to sharpen and adapt your skills
- You have an MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related quantitative field, or equivalent industry experience.
- PhD degree and a track record of publications at conferences such as NAACL, ACL, CoNLL, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, SIGIR, EMNLP, KDD, WWW, NeurIPS, AAAI, CoLING are preferred.
Recent Publications from the Outreach Data Science:
Using Contact, Content, and Context in Knowledge-Infused Learning: A Case Study of Non-Sequential Sales Processes in Sales Engagement GraphsAuthors: Hong Yung Yip, Yong Liu and Amit Sheth
An Evaluation of Transfer Learning for Classifying Sales Engagement Emails at Large ScaleY Liu, P Dmitriev, Y Huang, A Brooks, L DongIEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid)2019
Transfer Learning Meets Sales Engagement Email Classification: Evaluation, Analysis, and StrategiesY Liu, P Dmitriev, Y Huang, A Brooks, L Dong, M Liang, Z BoshernitzanConcurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience2020
Discovery of Bias and Strategic Behavior in Crowdsourced Performance AssessmentY Huang, M Shum, X Wu, JZ XiaoACM SIGKDD International Workshop on Talent and Management Computing 2019
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status