Senior Staff Machine Learning Engineer at ServiceNow
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
Come join our Platform AI (Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning) team and create core capabilities that power key next-generation ServiceNow solutions/products such as virtual assistants, chatbots, cognitive search, employee experience platforms, automatic knowledge curation, proactive customer service, and employee experience platforms. We are truly defining the future of work.
As we scale our cutting-edge technology across our customer base, we are looking for a hands-on, highly motivated individual who can help us build models that leverage tacit knowledge from our database to give users reliable factual answers faster. If we succeed, our customers will love our products even more and trust us to solve more and more complex and demanding digital workflows.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior Staff Machine Learning Engineer you will play a critical role in the Platform AI Semantic Search team. We’re looking for team-oriented problem solvers with a long-term mindset and with deep expertise in all aspects of enterprise software development. We are looking for team members to help us design and implement AI technologies in order to transform our end user experiences. Successful team members at ServiceNow have a passion to be a part of, lead, and grow amazing teams. You'll also work cross functionally to deliver innovative software designs and solutions to both internal and external developers and customers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Architect, design, and build innovative search + AI/ML capabilities with high scalability and quality. Problem spaces includes:
- Knowledge Graphs
- Learning-to-Rank models
- Question Answering systems
- Snippet / Answer extraction
- Contextual Relevancy
- Implement cutting edge search capabilities and technologies ranging from keyword search and word/paragraph vectorization to knowledge graphs and ML.
- Design and architect tools, libraries, and frameworks with long term platform implications for high modularity, extensibility, configurability, and maintainability
- Lead and coordinate work cross functionally to improve architecture, developing process and mentoring junior members in the team
- Design and deliver outstanding search experiences for our customers and developers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of software research and development experience with recent projects including AI and machine learning technologies.
- Passion for problem solving, software architecture, and development
- Expertise at building highly scalable frameworks for processing streaming data and query/result pipelines for end user and machine-driven query processing
- Experience with open source or commercial search technology such as Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch, or Attivio
- Experience with open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat, and MySQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience writing scalable REST APIs
- Expertise with Java 8+
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
The following semantic search-related skills are highly desired:
- Experience in applications of Knowledge Graph based reasoning to provide fast, accurate, factual answers to questions relating to specific topics
Deep and broad working knowledge of various search technologies including Lucene, Solr, Elastic, Attivio, text vectorization, and NLP/NLU.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.