Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Today, data is everywhere, but those who truly know how to use it effectively will succeed. Outreach believes there are large swaths of value still locked in sales team data and we are putting an effort behind building out the best team to help Outreach and our customers succeed through the use of data. As our customer base grows, the desire for more insights, better coaching, and improvements in efficiencies outpace the supply. We are expanding the engineering team to include a new team focused solely on Analytics, Coaching Insights and Workflow optimization. This is a critical role that has a unique chance to build outcome-driven reports and analytics to guide our customers, improve their productivity and have a bigger impact.
About the Team
This is a brand new team that is being built now. This role would set the bar for engineering and operational excellence, team culture, business impact and hiring standards. Our customer base is yearning for more insights and this team will have a large impact on revenue, operational costs, and coaching efficiencies. This team will work inside the Core Data group and include multiple functions including frontend, backend engineering and data engineering. The Analytics team will work closely with Data Science to leverage models for optimization, the Data Pipeline team to shape data efficiently, the Product Management and User Interface Designers to surface data in an effective way and the other Core Data to improve the overall impact of our customer experience.
Our vision of you:
- You are passionate about using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product
- You are hands on, able to quickly pick up new tools and languages, excited about building things and experimenting, always looking to sharpen and adapt your skills. You have a bias for using the right tools to get a job done with maximum efficiency. You have experience making tradeoffs between speed and accuracy.
- Think big and have convictions.
- Proficiency in a modern language such as golang, Java, Python, C#, etc
- You have proficiency in at least one of the SQL languages (MSSQL, MYSQL, Postgres, etc)
- You go above and beyond to help your team
- You are honest, admit mistakes, and own fixing them
- Comfortable working directly with data analytics to bridge business requirements with data engineering
- You embody our core values: we are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
- Experience in large scale distributed data systems
- Experience collaborating with data scientists
- Experience working in a start-up or building a product in a new category
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status