To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- A drive to move fast and deliver business value.
- 4+ years of backend software engineering in a team environment.
- Experience writing and debugging complex database queries and code.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies to help the team explore new solutions.
- Excellent communication ability – you can explain your work in a way that anyone on the team can understand, and you can frame problems in a way that ensures the right question is being asked.
- Business Acumen – you are always eager to understand how the business works, and more specifically, how your work impacts the business.
- Mentorship of others – you raise the bar on coding standards and providing meaningful feedback on code changes.
- Enthusiastic yet humble nature – you are excited about the work you do, but you are also humble enough to embrace feedback – you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, data science or related field of study.
The following additional experience is desired:
- Experience with writing production-level Python.
- Unit and integration testing.
- Use of cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Participate in agile methodologies (daily standup, sprint planning, retros).
- Profiling and performance tuning of production code a bonus.
- Direct experience with using ML libraries like sklearn, or Spark ML in a production environment a huge bonus!