Snr Mgr Business Intelligence, Sales Operations at Qumulo
About the Company:
Qumulo is the leading file data platform for multi cloud environments, providing unrivaled freedom, control, and real-time visibility for file data at massive scale. Fortune 500 companies, major film studios, and the largest research facilities in the world trust Qumulo to help them innovate with their mission-critical digital files. The Qumulo experience makes file data management simple with continuous new features, a single solution for all workloads, and access to customer success experts on your schedule.
At Qumulo we are building an open and collaborative culture where people can do their best work with customers as our magnetic field. We act as owners, we share by default, we are data driven and experimental and as an inclusive workplace, we welcome and celebrate multiple points of view. As part of our culture we believe diversity drives innovation.
About the Position:
The Snr Mgr Business Intelligence in Sales Operations will work with cross functional partners to define the strategy and business requirements for reporting and data analytics, establish priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and further enhance our analytics strategy relative to go-to-market. This includes working with sales, sales operations, finance, and marketing, to develop a data strategy and data architecture, establish business-wide definitions, technology strategy around data capture and analysis, design and document business metrics, dashboards, alerts, and reports. This individual will lead a team provide critical insight and deep dive analytics into areas such as go-to-market effectiveness, operational process improvement, resource optimization, and capacity planning to deliver on strategic business requirements.
They will be accountable for leading independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, developing structured documentation and presenting their findings to multiple levels of management. They will conduct analyses of existing business processes and participate in the development and support of process changes for complex technology automation projects.
- Develop a data strategy and data architecture
- Work cross functionally to establish business-wide data definitions
- Create a technology strategy around data capture and analysis
- Lead deep dive discussions into operational analysis and gap reporting to identify defects, opportunities, and efficiencies across global teams. Identify, develop and execute data analyses to monitor operational performance and customer trends to uncover areas of opportunity.
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to support problem statements and current state measurement. Design new metrics and enhance existing metrics to support the future state of business processes and ensure sustainability.
- Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages.
- Define and standardize metrics used to manage and measure the business
- Maintain data integrity, perform QA Audits and diligently troubleshoot issues.
- Report key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, while automating or simplifying self-service support and access to authoritative data sets.
- Own and perform individual deep dive analysis, including communicating results and implications to business leaders.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly data reports for both internal and external business reviews.
- Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- 5+ years proven experience as a Data Analyst or Business Analyst (10 years preferred)
- 3+ years of professional experience in a business analytics/intelligence role utilizing enterprise databases with large-scale, complex data sets performing data mining and deep dive analysis.
- Strong statistics and analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and structures - ability to understand and handle data quality issues and respond to detailed queries.
- Experience leading a crossfunctinal business intelligence team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis and ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Self-motivated and able to own workload to deliver results on self-driven deadlines.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads/projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Operational business understanding of a SaaS company, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to find or develop compelling data given limited resources and time.
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.