Your Day to Day
- Architect, develop, and maintain Axon’s system integration, data processing and storage, and analytics solutions.
- Develop and maintain automated APIs and ETL pipelines that support Axon's product development and evolution at scale.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse and data lake metadata, data catalog, and user documentation.
- Develop data objects for business analytics using data modeling techniques.
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable.
- Influence peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members.
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of senior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Highly technical with 7+ years of experience developing and maintaining end-to-end, high availability, high throughput web-scale data systems.
- Recent hands-on implementation experience required, preferably in Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Oozie, Zookeeper, Avro, HCatalog, Hue, etc.), realtime streaming event logs (e.g. Kafka, SNS/SQS), databasing (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), SQL on Hadoop (Spark SQL, Hive, etc.), NoSQL (MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB), and scheduling and management (Oozie, Cascading, Zookeeper, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs.
- Must pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Masters Degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Experience building and managing Hadoop and/or MAPR systems.
- Experience creating and maintaining containerized web applications and serverless components.
- Experience using or supporting users of statistical programming languages such as Python or R, to deliver results for real-world problems.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...