Software Dev Engineer II, Machine Learning and Data Science at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about machine learning and the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building data-driven, highly-scalable ML/AI services? Does providing technical leadership for a global, dynamic, and growing engineering organization energize you?
As ML Engineer / Data Scientist within the EG Conversation Platform you will play a key role in defining our learning and intelligence services. You'll engage with a dynamic group of product managers, architects and engineers to deliver an intelligent customer service platform at enterprise scale. You will provide thought leadership and hands-on engineering as we build an innovative suite of products and services, integrating seamlessly within our broad ecosystem.
In this role, you will be a critical member of a team which is using the latest technology to enable an effortless customer self-service experience across voice, web, mobile and social network platforms, empowering millions of travelers to enjoy their perfect trip.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus; our team will move in Feb 2020. Check out the campus: http://bit.ly/2UztULP
Who you are
- 2+ years of machine learning model delivery experience including research, development, deployment, and support
- 2+ years of data science research, hypothesis creation and validation
- 2+ years full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks. Experience in Python or Java programming languages
- Strong expertise utilizing cloud technologies and services with Amazon AWS or equivalent
- Effective mentoring and leadership skills and an ability to successfully drive design and implementation of software projects
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical details and challenges to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognize opportunities to innovate, and engage partners in a vision and strategy. Relentless passion for delivering effortless customer experiences
What you’ll do
- You will work alongside and mentor an inclusive team of engineers, collaborating closely across GCO and Expedia’s platform and brand engineering teams
- You'll collaborate across our Product, Content and Technology teams and with other partners to provide technical direction and architectural input into product development roadmaps
- You will define and ensure successful delivery of features related to reasoning over the Conversation Data to build prediction models for next best action, proactive customer notification, customer segmentation, customer effort and query understanding
- You'll drive proof of concepts and pilots to accelerate the on-boarding of new technologies and solutions to solve business problems
- Provide technical coaching and mentorship across engineering and analytics/data science teams, cultivating an environment of innovation and collaboration
- Ensure the technical teams understand strategic goals, product and future technology roadmaps
- Evangelize our offerings to partners and Expedia business groups
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-PP1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.