Software Dev Engineer II
At Expedia we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travellers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the ever-changing travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for the global customer are endless.
In Expedia, eCP organization was built to enable the business to scale globally while supporting the needs of our rapidly growing family of brands.
We power Expedia Group's travel revolution with a best-in-class platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale. We bring product, technology and operations together to accelerate innovation and enable test and learn, constantly pushing ourselves to evolve and innovate for the business.
Within eCP organization, Financial Systems Engineering (FSE) group enables Expedia Group and subsidiaries to conduct business globally while meeting statutory and financial regulatory compliance. FSP delivers, collaborates and globally supports more than 21,000 businesses users of the enterprise financial platform.
What you’ll do:
- You will be an open advocate in Oracle EBS Space and middleware platforms
- You will play a major role in the analysis, design and development in Oracle applications primarily focusing on solutions in Order to Cash processes
- You will be responsible for developing and successfully delivering components. Additionally, you will also improve, support and follow Expedia SDLC
- You will mentor junior members of the engineering team and raise the bar by contributing to continuously improving engineering practices and development standards
- You will prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision
- You will have to collaborate with business, developers, testers and neighbouring teams to produce efficient and scalable solutions
- You should showcase ability to multi-task while ensuring high quality of results and have dedication to high standards of code quality and testing
- You will focus on improving development and architecture standards by adopting industry standard methodologies
- You will demonstrate experience to work through/around blocking events and deploy complex yet elegant and efficient solutions
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and possess 8+ years of experience in enterprise software development
- Strong working knowledge of ERP technologies and Financials concepts, specifically highly complex global solutions
- Solid skills in Oracle EBS technologies including SQL, PLSQL, XMLP, Forms/Reports, WebADI and Unix
- Develop RESTful Web Services in cloud and on-premise platforms. Deep knowledge of building scalable web systems with microservice architecture is highly desired
- Solid skills in SQL tuning and familiar with high volume transactional systems, microservice design, continuous delivery, automated deployments, and related engineering practices
- Developer with hands on experience with native AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, API Gateway
- Ability to learn quickly, master our systems and identify areas of improvements
- Ability to orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously
- Route cause analysis and complex problem-solving skills are preferred
- Knowledge on Agile methodologies
- Effectively communicate with others in a courteous, thoughtful and professional manner and demonstrate multi-tasking ability for orchestrating multiple activities at a time
You should have the following values/traits:
- Positive attitude and a dream to help others
- Ability to remain calm under times of stress
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to make strategic bets and understand the risks/rewards associated
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.