Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally and our Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Software Development Engineer on the Data Platform team, you will report to the Engineering Manager of the Data team and work on the experimentation system that underpins our business. Your work will help marketing spend money wisely, product create delightful features, and developers write performant systems.
- Design, build and operate in production our Experimentation Platform
- Develop performant data processing pipelines in both batch and streaming contexts
- Direct standards and processes that support experimentation across the entire company
- Work with others to implement sound statistical methodology into the platform and pipelines
- 3+ years of experience shipping software, and all the successes and hard-earned lessons that came with it
- We believe that fundamentals are more important than specific tools. We use Java but if you're proficient with at least one general purpose language, we will support you in ramping
- An understanding of database fundamentals is necessary. You bring fundamentals and experience in SQL, and we will teach you what we else use.
- Experimentation affects a variety of technical and non-technical people. We work together and communicate so we can build the best product together. We would like to see lots of experience collaborating with others, and a desire to continue doing so.
We are a new team, and all our greatest opportunities are ahead of us. You'll do well here if you are creative and love to take ownership of your product.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer