The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing (ABM) strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us.
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to end-users in the enterprise.
As a Software Engineer API (Data Out Team), you will be responsible for building out all aspects relating to the external customer data integrations and APIs, moving products from R&D into production scale. Strong technical leadership and broad knowledge of many data and API technologies will make you successful in this role.
A successful Software Engineer will possess proven experience in building out high-performance large-scale systems. They will also have a keen eye for technical leadership and setting direction for products in an independent fashion. The ability to research and learn new techniques and technologies as the industry landscape changes is a must.
What you'll be doing:
- Define: Work with internal stakeholders to design and develop components in the next generation of Demandbase’s Platform Products including data APIs, batch & streaming systems and enterprise customer data integration.
- Document: Write clear documentation to convey design and technical architecture
- Test: Ensure all new and modified code is tested to the highest quality at release time. Ensure good test automation coverage and contribute to QA test plans.
- Code: Build new features, and maintain and improve on the performance and scalability of our platform, services and integrations given ever evolving business requirements and customer innovation.
- Monitor & Deploy: Ensure high reliability of all maintained product offerings by building reporting and monitoring mechanisms into our infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Computer Science/Engineering/SWE and 3+ years of professional industry experience
- Deep understanding and strong experience building and supporting external web service APIs, including authentication, versioning/compatibility, sync vs async operations, batching-pagination, wire formats, REST semantics and error/status coding
- Strong coding skills in one or more of Java, Scala, Go or Python languages
- Familiarity with large-scale data storage solutions for queryable & random data access like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase and sharded relational DB’s
- Understanding of and experience doing structured data modeling and design, along with solid SQL programming skills
- Proven knowledge of AWS or GCP fundamentals and tooling
- Proven ability to solve problems and innovate using state of the art technology without reinventing the wheel
- Experience programming large-scale batch or streaming data pipelines in Spark (i.e. RDD, Dataset API) or another MapReduce-like data processing framework is a strong plus
- Understanding of and experience with request load balancing and related LB technologies like AWS ALB and ELB, along with API management systems like Apigee and API Gateway is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes orchestration and a general understanding of SOA and microservice architectures is a plus
- Ability to define standards and best practices for teams is a plus
- Able to handle ambiguous delivery goals and turn them into concrete output
- Ability to suggest technical direction when necessary to solve problems
- Experimental yet pragmatic ability to create something useful
- Hands on and not afraid to wear multiple hats
- Passion for career growth
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks and drinks, on-site locker/shower access, catered lunch every Friday and much more!
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter